Here are some battery tips to help you optimize and maximize your battery performance.
1. Charge battery for 10-20 hours to before use. Please refer to your user's manual for charging instructions. Rechargeable batteries should be cycled - fully charged and then fully discharged - 2 to 4 times initially to allow them to reach their full capacity. (Note: it is perfectly normal for a battery to become warm to the touch during charging and discharging).
2. New batteries are hard for your device to charge; they have never been fully charged before. Sometimes your device's charger will stop charging a new battery before it is fully charged. If this happens, simply remove the battery from your device and then re-insert it. The charge cycle should begin again. This may happen several times during your first battery charge. This is perfectly normal.
1. To prolong battery life, please either remove the battery when it has been depleted or promptly recharge the battery if possible.
2. If the battery will not be used for a month or longer, it is recommended that the battery be removed from the laptop and stored in a cool, dry, clean place.
3. Do not short-circuit. A short-circuit may cause severe damage to the battery.
4. Do not drop, hit or otherwise abuse the battery as this may result in the exposure of the cell contents, which are corrosive.
5. Do not expose the battery to moisture or rain.
6. Exercise Your Battery - Do not leave your battery dormant for long periods of time. We recommend using the battery at least once every two to three weeks. If a battery has not been used for a long period of time, perform the new battery break in procedure described above.
7. Battery charging is more efficient at cooler temperatures. The optimal ambient temperature during charge is 50°F (10°C) to 86°F (30°C). If the ambient temperature rises above 95°F (35°C) the charge efficiency may be significantly reduced, and therefore result in a lower charged battery capacity.
8. If a charger is being used, always remember to disconnect the battery from the charger after the specified charge time (approximately 14 hours on a fully discharged battery). Failure to do this may result in a reduction of battery life. 9. It is recommended that a battery, which is warm to the touch after charging or discharging, be allowed to cool before use. This will prolong battery life.
10. Always charge a battery in a well-ventilated area.
11. Always fully charge your battery before its first use. Batteries are shipped partially charged and must be fully charged to achieve the proper runtime.
12. New batteries require 5 to 10 charge and discharge cycles before they reach full capacity. Until this ‘burn-in’ period is complete, run times may be less than expected.
Orders placed online by 3pm EST. are shipped the same business day*Read more
Orders over $50 Ship Free!
$9.95 2 Day*
$27.95 Next Day*Read more
Quality Products w/ 1 Year Warranty
Exceptional Customer Service